Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekly Recap: November 17-23, 2013


I've noticed that many bloggers do a recap at the end of each week and since I actually love reading those posts, I thought I'd start doing it as well!



So I'm back with a Weekly Recap! Yay! 

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to return to doing one this week but there were so many things I wanted to say that I felt if I didn't make a Weekly Recap to say it, I would explode.

The first thing I want to say is that I'm sorry for not being around. I know I kind of touched upon this in my post a couple days ago about how I don't really have time for blogging any more. Because I didn't have a solid idea of what I would achieve by writing the post - other than getting my feelings out - I can bet it was probably pretty confusing so now I'm going to try to clear things up. 

I loved blogging. That's for sure. And I think I still do love to blog, otherwise I would have been gone ages ago. But I can feel, deep in me, that I'm starting to like it less. It's exhausting and sometimes, incredibly aggravating. There are just so many things I need to do and look after and honestly, I don't want more things to add to my gigantic To Do list. I feel like if I had more spare time, I would blog because the pressure for me to churn out something is less. But on the other hand, I also have to ask myself whether this is just life taking its course. Maybe this is a sign that this blog will eventually have to end. I know right now that I'm not ready to end this journey but that's really all I'm sure of at this point. I can't tell you with conviction that I'll still be blogging next year or even in December! 

But since I like to live in the present, I know that I'm going to try to do my best in maintaining this blog right now. I'm pretty busy with school and so it's hard for me to put out a lot of posts but you can expect at least two to three a week. I'm also going to try to comment some more on blogs because there are SO many people I have to get back to and spend more time replying to the comments I get here! I know the replies have been pretty bare-bones so I'm going to try not to dash off responses and really take the time to form solid, thoughtful comments in exchange for all the great ones you leave!

So that's basically it in blogging news and now, for real-life news! The biggest thing that happened this week was my deciding to join the Girl Guides. I've always been a fan of their chocolate mint cookies so I'm pretty excited to have the opportunity to become a Guide! I'm a little scared because it's going to be unlike anything I've ever done before and because it's probably going to suck even more time out of blogging. But I am still really excited! 

This week also marked the finishing of all my Halloween chocolate and the passing of 2 500 000 on Temple Run 2. Clearly, it was a productive week.



1. The Doctor Who Google Doodle Game. It's such a cool idea and so much fun even though I can't get past level 5. Anyone have tips? 
2. Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I've owned this chapstick for a while now but am only starting to appreciate its usefulness now that winter is coming. It has a nice minty taste and sensation while moisturising my lips quite well. 
3. Julep Zelda nail polish. I'm obsessed with nail polish and wanted to try something different so I picked up Zelda. It's this nice pinkish beige metallic that goes on pretty sheer but builds up to be a gorgeous color perfect for the holidays!
4. Let Her Go by Passenger. There were SO many great songs I listened to this week that it was hard to pick just one to showcase but guys, I just cannot get this song out of my head! When I first listened to it, I hated it but now I can't stop smiling like a buffoon whenever it comes on! 





I reviewed Bunheads this week which I really liked! Check out my review here
After seeing The Book Thief movie this week, I just HAD to share my experience with you guys.
I brought back Bookish Radar this week and listed four great books I want to read.



It's the semi-finals of the Book Shimmy awards so go vote to see your books in the finals! 
Epic Reads put my feelings about the stages of waiting for a new book perfectly into gifs.
Doctor Who is really hard to explain as anyone who has tried to do so will know but Rinn does a wonderful job! Makes me want to watch it now!


It's important questions time! Anything exciting happen to you this week? Did you discover any cool beauty products? Or any cool songs? Tell me!

No comments :

Post a Comment