Sunday, December 22, 2013

When You Go to Renew Your Book From the Library But It Has Holds On It

Inspired by some of my favourite Tumblr blogs: justgirlythings, littlereasonstosmile, and littletswiftthings. I love looking at the mini-posts on these blogs because they brighten up my day so I thought I'd make a bookish version! 

When You Go to Renew Your Book From the Library But It Has Holds On It


This is when my fifth grade teacher would say c'est la vie.

But man, when you find out that you can't renew a book because other people are waiting for it, it's a downer. Who knows when said book might end up in your hands again? Who knows how long you'll have to wait before you get to find out whether John and Jane get married?

And for me at least, there's almost always a tiny bit of contempt in my soul for the person who came along and ended short my time with the book. Obviously, I'm not the only one who uses the library and obviously, it is fair because I can't be hogging all the books but (and this is when I'd cross my arms and stomp my feet), IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

The funny thing is that even though I understand how sucky it is to not be able to renew your book, I've probably done the same thing to many people, considering my ten million holds at the library. Just imagine the person on the other side of the city yelling at ME for stopping them from finishing their book.

No comments :

Post a Comment