Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Epic Recs: February 2014

Thanks to Shelly for asking me to be her partner for Epic Recs because I would never have thought to join otherwise! And also, thanks to Judith and Amber for being the masterminds and coming up with such a great idea. If you want more information behind Epic Recs and how to participate, make sure to check out this post!  

shelly's rec for me.



my rec for shelly.



This month, I'm forcing Shelly to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. It's one of my favourite books of all time and since Shelly hasn't read it yet, I'm going to make sure that she does! I also know that Shelly really enjoys contemporarys and I thought this one was really well done! Also, MUSIC. If you love music and want some awesome suggestions, check out this book for Roger's playlists! And ROAD TRIPS. AND SUMMER. I honestly don't know how much better this book could be. No pressure Shelly but seriously if you don't like this book, I think I might have to stop talking to you.

On the flip side of the coin, Shelly is making me read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. I'm really excited because this book has been on my TBR for a really long time and I've heard such great things about it. Especially from Shelly's review. Also the cover is so pretty. Will someone squeal over the font choice with me? 


Tell me in the comments: have you read any of these books and what did you think of them? Am I in safe hands with Shelly's pick? And is Shelly going to be good with my pick? 

No comments :

Post a Comment