Sunday, February 16, 2014

Love-A-Thon 2014: Dear Annie


Last year, during the Love-A-Thon, this was also a mini challenge and just because I was curious about what I wrote, I decided to dig it back up. I was expecting something totally cringe-worthy but instead, I found myself reflecting on my blogging journey. I'VE COME SO FAR. Like I haven't even been blogging that long but still, I'm so proud of myself for accomplishing so much and sticking with this for as long as I have and still going strong!

Sorry about that, I was just letting out my disbelief over how long I've lasted doing this. As for my letter, I'm going to be writing to Future Annie once again. It's more directed to life in general, like my path in life and what the choices I have to make for university. Sometimes I feel like the days pass by so quickly that there isn't time to just stop and think about the choices you're making. And right now, I'm a bit scared of how things are going to turn out. I hope everything will be good for me in the end (of course, I'll try my darnedest to make sure of that) but nevertheless, I want to write to Future Annie to send off some words of wisdom, even though I'm pretty sure she'll be wiser than me at that time and won't really need me to tell her so at all. Anyway, I know it should be more about blogging but the same message still applies to my blogging goals and dreams.



Dear Annie in the Future,

Hey! How are you doing? Good, I hope.

I know this might be a bit weird for you, but don't get creeped out! It's still Annie, except years in the past - in 2014.

By the time you finally agree to read this (I say agree, because I know you'll make sure you don't see this ever again until enough time has passed), things have most definitely changed by miles and miles. I don't know if you'll still blogging or reading but I just want to say that I hope you're well and that you've grown into someone that the future version of us can be proud of.

There's still so much left to do and learn, and while I think I'm doing an okay job right now with doing and learning, I hope in your time, you'll accomplish things that I don't even dream of right now. Just be true to yourself, take it easy and keep your head up. You'll be great!

Love, Annie from 2014

No comments :

Post a Comment