Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love-A-Thon 2014: Mad Lib Time!


Last challenge of the day, which I'm VERY excited about because I love Mad Libs! I used to fill them out all the time as a kid - they were my favourite thing to do! So without further ado, here's my completed Mad Lib story for the Love-A-Thon!

One day, I was flying with Etienne St. Clair. Out of the blue, a shoe came out of nowhere. It was so smelly, disgusting and ugly. At first, we were afraid, we were petrified, but we laughed. We hopped on a segway to make our getaway.

As we escaped, we turned up the radio because Sexy and I Know It came on and made me cry. Everything was extremely smooth sailing until a flamingo appeared in the middle of the road. We swerved to avoid it but while Etienne stayed on the segway, I got thrown onto my side in the woods.

I couldn't get up, and felt stupid as I lay there staring up at the trees. What was I going to do? I heard a boom-sha-ka-la-ka among the leaves, and felt annoyed. Surely, this was going to be my end. As my eyes fluttered shut, the last thing I saw was a head of green hair and purple eyes.

When I woke up again, I was on a stool. My body hurt a whole lot less, and I could sit up. There was a yoga mat and a toothpick in the room, along with pickles and cough syrup. The door suddenly opened to reveal Dexter Jones, a concerned look on his face. I blushed and averted my gaze, but he flinched and said, "Don't be shy. It's okay."

He came over to sit by me, and we started talking after I told him my name. We chatted about eating, knitting and cleaning and realized we had a ton in common! I thought he was smexy and couldn't help feeling a little swoony.

Just as he reached out for my hand, the door crashed open and in came Noah Shaw. "Don't let him charm you away, my love!" He yelled, running at Dexter. They each had spoons in their hands and began to fight. "Stop!", I yelled, feeling so upset. They didn't listen to me. Before I could intervene, Dexter fell to the floor and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"What was that?" I asked, staring at the empty space. Noah dropped his weapon and came over to me. "Magic, but you are safe now, munchkin." He hugged me clsoe, and I suddenly knew that this was the real deal and not just a dream.

Just as Stay Stay Stay started playing in my head, I woke up. I cursed my rotten luck. Why had it only been just a dream?


And that's my story! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Leave me links to your Mad Lib stories in the comments! 

No comments :

Post a Comment