Sunday, February 16, 2014

Love-A-Thon 2014: A Song For You


To be honest with you, I had a really hard time thinking up of a topic for this mini-challenge! Initially I had thought to do something related to travel but as I already have a top secret feature based around that underway, it wouldn't do. Sooo I decided to choose music instead and feature a few books with a song that I think would fit well with it. I'm reusing some ideas I posted on Random Reads and thinking up some new ones! Let's get started!


Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn --- Daylight by Maroon 5
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist tells the story of the relationship of two people over the span of one night. Nick and Norah have just met so they don't know each other very well but they get to know each other very well and while there's no doubt in my mind that they'd see each other again after that one night, their story still relates to the song Daylight very well because obviously, neither one of them wants the night to end and have to leave.



Lola & the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins --- You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
While I was reading Lola, I could envision perfectly Cricket singing You Belong With Me to Lola while she was with Max. Because anyone could see that they were like perfect for each other! Another reason for choosing this song is because of the music video. Watch it and do you notice some similarities? The boy next door? The messages passed through the connected windows? Ended with a trip to prom? It's uncanny how similar these two stories are...



Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols --- Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood
While reading Dirty Little Secret, it was so obvious to me that Sam was so not good for Bailey. I really despised their relationship because I really despised Sam and even though it seems as if he's changed or has improved towards the end, I still refuse to believe that anything good could come out of their relationship. Yeah...NO. So given the country theme throughout the book and the fact that Sam IS a total bad boy, I thought that Cowboy Casanova would be a sweet match for the book. 



Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer --- Two Is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift
I'm less sure about this choice than any of the other ones. But when I think of Oliver and Delilah's relationship (which I still don't understand), I think of like a really sweet and slow song. And Two Is Better Than One definitely fits that bill! I kind of picture it to be a story of first love, like the person is just realizing that maybe having someone else by my side is better than being alone and I think that goes for both Oliver and Delilah. They're both quite alone in their own way but when they come together, it's like, I don't have to be alone any more and yay, somebody finally understands me.


Do you agree with my song choices? Or do you think there's a better pick for each book? Or maybe you have a totally different song & book pairing. Share it in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment