Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An Introduction to Let's Visit & The Very First Post


One of the things that I love SO much but don't get to do often enough is travelling! I love visiting a new place because there are so many new things to see and experience! But like I said, I don't get to do it often enough due to a variety of different reasons that seem to COMBINE to ensure that I never ever ever leave my boring hometown of Toronto. Joking. I'm a student in high school right now so I'm kinda at peace with the fact that the only time I'll ever be able to go anywhere is with my parents during summer break. But because I can't travel from place to place so easily, my only way to escape lies with BOOKS (all right, and TV shows but let's not ruin the moment). And thankfully for me, there are tons of really great books with a strong focus on setting and also travel so in a mild stroke of genius, I decided to combine these two together in a feature!

And yes, it is called Let's Visit. Don't judge, I didn't have any good ideas!

Each time though, I will be picking ONE location to focus on exclusively. Initially I had planned for it to be one post and done so then the next time I planned to make a post, I could focus on another location but while I was brainstorming, I realized that there were so many things I wanted to include that I would have to split it up into a couple posts. This isn't JUST a feature on books set in a specific place, I really want to put a strong emphasis on travel and feeling as if you ARE there and all that stuff would just be too much to squish into one single post. So after much thought, there will be a series of posts for each location, each covering different topics. And as of now, I'm not sure how often these'll be up but hopefully I'll be able to have at least one up every two to three weeks.

So there's just some background information on this feature to hopefully clear up any questions! I do have the very first post planned for today which isn't really anything special, it's just a little introduction to the location I chose and why I did. Cool! Let's get started!



This week, for my very FIRST Let's Visit series, I've chosen a city that's been very dear to my heart for a very long time now: London!

Don't ask me why but for some reason, I've been obsessed with the idea of London for years. Living in London, attending uni in London, getting married in London - basically anything I can do, I've probably dreamt of doing it in London. If you were to ask me where I would want to live if I didn't live in Toronto, chances are I'd say London! I've never even been to London once so it is rather weird how obsessed I am with it. Is it the accents? Or the people? Or the food? I HAVE NO CLUE.

It's like one of those things that just ARE. It just IS that I love London. All my friends know that I'm absolutely in love with London. So in love, in fact, that sometimes I like to pretend that I'm a Londoner and put on my terrible British accent.

I'm not even joking.

So because I love London so much and have for such a long time, I thought that it would be perfect to learn a little more about it and honour it by choosing it for the first ever edition of Let's Visit!


Next post in this series will feature a collage of all the things I love about London! Stay tuned for more fun posts and if you have anything you'd like to see or contribute to Let's Visit, give me a shout and we'll work things out! I'd really appreciate feedback of any kind because this is the very first edition and I'd like to hear how I can make it more fun and interesting for everybody! 

No comments :

Post a Comment