Tuesday, July 15, 2014

10 of My Go-To, Comfort Films

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I can't deal with this week's topic which is your Top Ten Favourite Films and/or TV Shows. I have way too many of both for this post to be anything other than 100 000 words long. So I thought I would narrow it down and instead, do ten films that I watch whenever I need a pick-me-up or just whenever I want something comfortable and familiar. Think of your favourite comfort food except with films! Even this was really hard but I think I managed to pick a good top ten! So without further ado, here are 10 of my go-to, comfort films!


Directed by Will Gluck
Starring Justin Timberlake, Mila Kunis, Woody Harrelson

Oh gosh, I don't even know how many times I've seen this film. I could seriously recite to you every single line in this film right now (I couldn't but a few more watches and I'll be there). I first watched this back in 2011 and I've seen it so many times since, I've lost count. I just love this movie so much. Maybe it's the allure of New York City? Or maybe it's because the opening scene is one of my favourites. This is just seriously one of my favourite go-to movies and I can't even tell you exactly why I love it so much, just that I do!


Directed by Gary Winick
Starring Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer

Another one of my favourites! 13 Going On 30 has such a fun and awesome storyline. I haven't seen it nearly as many times as I have Friends With Benefits but it's still a good old favourite! Though the striptease scene still makes me cringe to this day. Oyy.


Directed by Jason Moore
Starring Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin, Rebel Wilson

Girl power! Singing! Acapella groups! A cute boy! And hilarious lines! I don't think you could go wrong. EXCEPT for the vomit scene. Ick ick ick ick ick. But other than that, this is a really fun film! Can't wait for the sequel!


Directed by Stanley Donen & Gene Kelly
Starring Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds

While we're talking on the topic of singing in movies, here's a classic musical! This is just such a great movie and ahh, it's just so good. There are times when it drags on (especially that part towards the end where they're just dancing for like twenty minutes) but really, just such a delight! Watch this if you haven't and watch it again if you have!


Directed by Kenny Ortega
Starring Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale

This was MY LIFE when I was six. I was so obsessed, I went out and bought all the High School Musical books there were. I have the Unofficial Story, the All Access book, and the one about all the stars. Those books were my BABIES. And while I'm not obsessed with it any more, I do still really love this. I feel like High School Musical will always have a place in my heart. I've watched this like at least 30 times to date and this movie, I can DEFINITELY recite to you.


Directed by Luke Greenfield
Starring Ginnifer Goodwin, Kate Hudson, Colin Egglesfield

I've seen this movie so many times as well. It's always playing on W and when I don't have anything else to watch, I'll just stay and rewatch this. It's another one I don't seem to get tired of. I remember I cried at the end when I first watched this. Oh, the memories. I never really liked Dexter because of the cheating. I was Ethan all the way! Mostly because it was John Krasinski but well.


Directed by Hayao Miyazaki
Starring Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Liam Neeson

Oh, MAN. It was so hard choosing just one Hayao Miyazaki because that guy is KING and all his Studio Ghibli work was just so good. Ponyo was the first of his I'd ever seen though and it was what sparked my love for Hayao Miyazaki. Whenever I need cheering up, I always watch one of his films. They're just all so good!


Directed by Mark Waters
Starring Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Jonathan Bennett

I can't have a list of my go-to, comfort movies without Mean Girls! It's hilarious and I've watched it so many times but it's fabulous. I love screaming out the lines with the characters and Rachel McAdams and Lindsay Lohan are so ON POINT in this film.


Directed by David Frankel
Starring Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt

Another movie I cannot NOT have on a list of go-to films! This is an all-time favourite, mostly because Meryl Streep is kick-ass in this film. She totally nails the role.


Directed by
Starring Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds

This movie makes me laugh so hard every single time. And I love it. 


So that concludes my list of 10 of my favourite go-to films! As you can see, I'm big on romantic comedies. There are seriously so many more films I wish I could have included (The Parent Trap, Despicable Me, etc) but I didn't want this list to climb up to 100! Tell me in the comments if you love any of these movies to and share your go-to movies down below!

No comments :

Post a Comment