Friday, January 23, 2015

Getting Back on Track

Nearly one month in 2015 and so far? It hasn't been looking good. I vent a lot on this blog about how bad I am at a blogger that it probably gets really annoying. Even I am starting to get annoyed by how many times I bring it up.

Like, okay we get it. Now please SHUT UP.

And I will shut up. I am shutting up. This post is not going to be another sob story about how I just can't get my shit together. This post is going to be about how despite the fact that I can't seem to get my shit together, I will push through and get back on track with this blog.

Because I love blogging, I really do and I've come to realize that my lack of blogging isn't due to a lack of passion for it. Every time I look at my Feedly and see those 100+ blog posts waiting for me to read, I feel a zip of excitement. And I feel excited when I really relate to a post and when a blogger makes me laugh and when I come up with a really interesting idea for a post. So the point is, I'm not done with blogging. I still love it. That's not the problem.

The problem is that I'm not doing anything. And I knew that. But I still didn't do anything. And now? I'm going to do something. I know that nothing is ever going to change if I just sit here and wait for inspiration to strike. Because it's not a lack of inspiration I have, it's a lack of action. It's sitting by passively knowing that the problem lies with myself and still deciding to wait and wait for a magical gust of I-will-make-you-a-better-blogger powder to just blow by me and make me a better blogger.

That's not going to happen. That's never going to happen. So I'm not going to sit by anymore and wait. I didn't start blogging by sitting by and waiting and I'm sure not going to let myself slip into this passivity any longer. I'm going to start blogging again and get back on track.

Which is really what this post is all about. Getting back on track. Which is hard to do especially when you've slipped so far from the road and have continued to do so for so long. You can never stop doing something for like ten months and then expect to pick it up again and be at the same stage you were before. That time you wasted will always be a ginormous step back. And it's going to take more time to get back to where you were and I acknowledge that. I acknowledge that it's going to be a hard road back to where I was just because I haven't been great with my blogging for so long. I'm no longer used to blogging more than once a week and sometimes even once every two weeks. I used to be so amazed by bloggers who blogged every day but now I can't even fathom blogging three or four days a week like I used to. But no matter how hard it might be, I am committed to this blog and I will make it happen.

I really want 2015 to be a year of change for me. I don't want to continue doing what I did in 2014. I'm going to start taking action again. And even if it only starts out to be a little planning here and two blog posts every ten days or so, I'm going to do it. And slowly, slowly hopefully I'll work my way back up.

So wish me luck you guys and make sure I keep to my promise!

No comments :

Post a Comment